Today we’ve finished one project which took a plenty of time to be realised – a custom statistis module based on SQL data and realised as MOSS\WSS (SharePoint) webparts kit.
We have extremely tough queries and quite complicated data model, so we decided to get another solution:
- The whole thing is divided into 5 parts each describing different business viewpoint of the data; all these viewpoints have been deployed as custom web-parts with initial constructor implemented with 1st webpart.
- SQL code takes about 14 500 (!) lines in 6 different UDFs, which all were written by one person; another guy created webparts.
Finally, we’ve done it. Hurray!